Wednesday, August 29, 2007

There Goes My Gun

Orig: July 23, 2007

Just chilling in our cave. I've gained 5 pounds since everyone moved out of the HFAC. Anybody who is still here on campus is across campus, so we've started remoting into their computers with Crossloop or Apple Remote Desktop to fix whatever is wrong. Mostly all we're doing lately is setting up new faculty computers. Once in a while I get an excuse to run up and down the stairs a few times, but other than that, I'm just sitting here from 8-4 everyday. For some exercise, on Saturday, after filling in nail holes and painting shelves up at the Robbins' house for a few hours, Emily dropped me off at the Y Trailhead at about 7:05pm. I got to the top of the Y in less than 30 min. I didn't think I was going that fast, but I sure felt it by the time I got up there. I went up the mountain into Slide Canyon for another 20 minutes, but didn't get very far. Never having hiked the trail before, and having a darkening limit on time, I decided not to press my luck.
When I started, there was one car in the lot, and I met the two guys on their way down as I was headed up. By the time I got back to the parking lot at 8:45, it was almost full. It's more popular up there on Saturday nights than I thought.
This morning, I finished Motherload, a fun little flash game that took about 10 hours of playing spread out over several days. You dig around for ore which you can sell, then upgrade your pod, all the while receiving the occasional eerie message of foreboding and terror from other miners and your boss. To spoil the ending, dig too deep and it turns out your boss is the devil and he tries to kill you for not heeding his warnings and being too greedy. So, use your explosives and kill him twice, get a bunch of artifacts off his body for cash and the game starts over except that in your inventory you have 1xSatan's Head. Fun stuff. This is what happens when you're suddenly out of things to do (don't have to study for the DAT or fill out secondary dental school apps for now).
So, as for plans of things to do, I should contact the Outdoor Club and make up a proposal to ask for sponsors to buy paddling/rowing equipment for the club. I also started Homer's The Odyssey, but everyone at work has read and finished the new Harry Potter so maybe I'll borrow a copy and read it too.

No comments: