Friday, August 31, 2007

I've Been Tired

There's something about not feeling busy or productive that just makes you feel downer. I've been feeling that way lately. Maybe it was due to eating too much at lunch time (treated to Tucanos by Mike and Kitye with their free birthday coupons), being bored at work, or it was the fact that we watched a couple hours of TV and a movie last night. I'm getting pretty grossed out by TV most of the time. The commercial breaks, the loud obnoxious commercials, the forced breaks in the plot for commercials. Your brain goes crazy waiting and jerked around by so many different things. Let me either watch the movie, or watch just commercials.

So I wake up feeling miserable and down. I even contemplated for a second going back to sleep. But, I ate some applesauce and milk for breakfast while reading the inspirational thoughts from President Hinckley in this month's Ensign.

I enjoyed the enthusiasm and optimism he has for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Most of the thoughts centered on the atonement of the Savior and our relationship to him. It helped me out a great deal, and by the time I was done, I'd been caused to reflect on what's crucial and I was feeling great!

For those who didn't see the email I sent out the other day, here's a cool article done by the Washington Post about taking the time to appreciate and watch out for beauty. Maybe that's what I needed today, a moment to reflect on what's good and beautiful.

No comments: