Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tony's Theme

I'm going to be a lone man in the garden of eden, I mean a lone man in the new apartment for a few days. Emily has taken off with her parents for California. They'll be staying in Camarillo until later this week when Emily and her parents will fly to Pheonix for the scholarship dinner to be honored by Anasazi. Then they'll fly back and hang out in CA for a little longer.
Me, I'm driving to Vegas Wednesday night, interview at UNLV Thursday and drive back Thursday night. Saturday I leave for Philadelphia, interview at Temple on Tuesday and fly to LAX Tuesday night. Interview at USC Wednesday morning and then meet up with Emily, Grace, and the Robbins, when Em, G, and I will fly back to Salt Lake together Wednesday night (I probably won't make it up to Camarillo for that trip, I'll probably find a BYU student at USC to stay with). Then the Saturday after that I'll fly to LAX again, stay in Camarillo on Sunday, take the train and bus over to Loma Linda on Monday morning and interview there that afternoon and fly home from the Ontario airport. After that, got a week and a half to play catch-up at home and school, then fly to San Francisco for an interview at University of the Pacific. WOOF.

Pray for me and our family these next couple weeks. We'll need help getting through it, or, I'll need help getting through it. This is the rush because dental schools can send out acceptances as early as December 1st, so they go through a round of interviews to send out as many as they can by that date. I've worked hard in my organic chemistry lab to get ahead and am doing just fine in there, I'll have plenty of time on planes and stuff to finish all the write-ups. Physics is going to be rough making up homework without the TA lab around, but hopefully I'll be alright. Psychology is ok. Biochemistry will take some reading to keep up with, and for weight training I'll just have to do situps and pushups while I'm gone (I need to work on those anyways for the grade, 65 situps, 60 pushups, non stop by the end of the semester).

I will miss singing to Grace while she's gone. Emily and I take turns putting her to bed, and we usually sing a couple songs when we put her down. Usually they're primary songs and nursery songs. I enjoy the singing and Grace really likes it too. If you see my family this week, give them loves for me.

3 comments:

Erik said...

Congrats on all the interviews! I wish you well, be sure to think "confidence." I think that acting secure about yourself, but not cocky is the best thing you can do in an interview.
Who is tony, as in "Tony's Theme"?

Debi Lassen said...

It was good to talk to you tonight, Christian, as you left Vegas. You sounded happy. This part of the process is a great learning experience, in an of itself!
We are loving having Grace and Emily in our home this week. Gramps put Grace and Hans to bed tonight while I was at a Stake YW meeting. He said he read them stories, watched her Mozart DVD with her and listened to her tell him all the numbers and shapes, etc. She is wonderful! We sing with her in the morning during our scripture study. She just looks at us so cute! I heard Em sing to her last night and the night before. What a wonderful way for a child to be tucked in for the night. Thanks for sharing them with us this week while you run all over the country! Be safe! Love to you!

Ditte said...

Good luck with your interviews, Christian! It's been fun having Gracie and Emily here, but we miss you! This is an interesting time for you! Have fun and enjoy seeing the new places and schools. If you need help with physics, you can call our friend Stehpan Lovestedt. He majored in physics and was even thinking about dental school. He actually interviewd at University of the Pacific. Love you!