Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adventure! It's a wonderful thing!

After Emily dropped me off at school this morning, she took off heading south to spend a couple days with her family for her brother's college graduation. Since it was raining this morning and since she dropped me off, I didn't bring my bike. So, I figured I'll have me a little adventure. I'll bring some extra clothes to school and leave my bag and computer at school and RUN home! Oh man, what an awesome idea! If my knee acts up (which it does, still) I can walk or catch the bus. It'll be great. Now, I'm feeling lazy. And a little hungry. And I need some new cheapie headphones. So, here's my plan, leave school in the next 20 minutes, stop by Best Buy on Geary, go the extra mile (literally) and hit up Gordo's Tacqueria for an awesome $5 burrito and jog or limp the last mile home and make it by 9:30, just in time to read for a bit and go to bed.

So its not REALLY adventurous, but it's a little intimidating because my knee is pretty unpredictable. I did figure out a few weeks ago that I'm (either due to genetics, an accident, or simple habit) slightly pigeon-toed in my left foot. When I keep it straight/slightly outward like my right foot I can keep the knee in control, but that's easier said than done since it feels like I'm running crooked. I haven't pushed it more than a few miles since then, either.

Since it is getting dark and it will be busy city streets, I'll forgo the barefeet tonight and put a little rubber between me and the pavement, at least until I get into the Presidio.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I clicked on your link and that's the first time I've seen a picture of the Vibrams. They kind of look like Bigfoot feet.