Friday, May 14, 2010

Lookamee!

Look, look! I'm famous, this made it onto the school's front web page! This is awesome, it's like being in the High School yearbook in pictures that make it look like you were social or cool! I'm available for autographs if anyone would like. They WILL be worth something someday!

See? See? That blurry figure on the left is most definitely me. Here's the story:
http://dental.pacific.edu/News_and_Events/News_Archive/Dental_School_Participates_in_Bike_to_Work_Day_2010.html

Incidentally: I ride my bike almost every day, so this was like, "Hey, free stuff for doing what I normally do!" Amongst the free stuff was a thermos, a tote-bag, a mini First Aid kit, a tire repair kit, a pack reflector that also lights up (which the kids have commandeered as their new cool toy) and a bunch of pamphlets and newsletters about cycling around San Francisco, 90% of which was geared toward the people in the trendy parts of the city that ride up and down Market St. and use "The Wiggle" to get around. (Presidio residents have our own wiggle for getting through Laurel Heights to the Arguello Gate, so nyah!)

4 comments:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

i feel like i'm related to a celebrity. you look like a missionary in the picture. :)

Cristin said...

I agree about you looking like a missionary. I read the article... only 15 people rode their bikes on bike to work day? In San Francisco, with all that traffic, it seems like more people would be doing it. Maybe the hills are too daunting?

bepluvstrack said...

15 people at the school. Along Market St, they get thousands riding to and from work. Yeah, the "heights" in Pacific Heights probably deters a great many people. I'm guessing the waterfront and the Embarcadero were full of bikes too. I heard there were a few hundred people milling around the Presidio's Main Post for the Bike to Work festivities around 8:00am.

I'm just crazy for pain or too lazy to ride extra distance...or I forgot that that stuff was going on.

I can't figure out what makes me look like a missionary. Shaggy hair? Brightly colored messenger bag? non-white shirt? an actual road bike? no name tag? When my friend Lance and I ride together we seem to get mistaken for missionaries.

Ditte said...

So cool! I think you look very handsome!