Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Childhood memories

I can't come up with a very good way of writing about this. You really just have to watch.
Basically, some writers for Rocko's Modern Life (one of my favs) tried for years and finally got Disney to pick up a show they created and call it Phineas and Ferb. Here's links to some excellent samples of both shows, separated by about 15 years.
RML (~1995)
Hey, Nice Melons. High Five? and Part 2 "Chewy Chicken is People! Chewy Chicken is People!"


P&F (~2009)
"I wouldn't want to be getting one of those rejuvenating sea salt scrubs right now. The stinging would be unbearable!"

"What are the two most popular things on this planet? Country music and western music!"
--Funny enough, the creators are the uncredited voices of Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Major Monogram. Ol' doofy pretty much makes the show.

If this post looks ugly, it's because it's really late/early and I don't care enough right now.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Luke LOVES Phineas and Ferb. Now that I'm writing about it, I can't get the theme song out of my head. I had no clue it was made by the Rocko's people.

Ditte said...

Cheers to Phineas and Ferb! What a great show!