Sunday, February 7, 2010

I just felt like running





I came across this article and later this one a few weeks ago and showed it to Emily along with this blog, and suddenly we're hooked on the idea. She instantly bought the bible of barefoot running and read it in a couple of days. If I took the time to run more, I'd do it, but as of now I've only done 3 1-mile loops around our neighborhood barefoot, but we did find some returned Vibram Five Fingers at REI and I've jogged just a little bit in them and wear them around. For some reason now, I run barefoot to and from the dumpster when I take out the garbage. I gotsa say, I like it and will let you know if my knee starts hurting. My best recommendation: like they say, start slow, don't run on your toes, and don't start on wet, freshly-rained pavement (learned all those in one shot).

2 comments:

Ditte said...

Ha, ha, did you get hurt or something? It sounds cool, but what if you step on something that cuts you or whatever? I have seen people run in those type of shoes.

Erik said...

This looks very cool, I think I want to try it!