Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Caribou

So here's the happs:
Squeezed 4 finals into two days, hung out with parents and a few siblings who came to drop my brother Steffen off at the MTC, found out my grandmother, Rita Beecroft, died (only a few days after her father-in-law Carl Beecroft Sr., my great-grandfather, passed away at the age of 96) of cirrhosis of the liver. Due to threatening weather, I left with my parents Wednesday afternoon for Mesa to attend both funerals. Emily was on her way back from Philadelphia where she helped her brother get moved and settled, and would meet me in Camarillo on Sunday. The funerals were very nice. We will miss them, but they must be happy to be with their families that have already passed on before them. Both died peacefully and surrounded by loved ones. Their lives were exemplary and full of righteous living. I enjoyed learning more about both of them.

After the funeral on Saturday, we drove home and I enjoyed a couple Christmas programs at church on Sunday and reuniting with Emily and Grace at her aunt Heidi's home to enjoy Emily's family.

Christmas eve and Christmas were nice and we had a great time visiting with family and loved ones. We went to Leo Carillo State Beach in the afternoon and had fun rock hopping, beachcombing, spelunking, and rock climbing.

Now we are just taking it easy recuperating, relaxing, cleaning, and a bit of working for my dad at his store.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I am happy that your family is in Camarillo for the holidays!

Debi Lassen said...

You did a great job putting our week in print! I still haven't been able to do it! So glad you could be with us at the MTC and the funerals and Christmas, etc. We love you and Em and Grace so much.