Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fancy Fingers

I scanned the radio stations this morning. I couldn't get my favorite one on my little alarm clock. 105.3 KITS. So I scanned to a classical station and listened to half of one of Haydn's London Symphonies, played by the London Orchestra. Afterwards the station played "Ricordi di Napoli (Recollections of Naples)" by Antonio Pasculli, played by Christoph Hartmann and the Ensemble Berlin. I never knew fingers on an oboe could move so fast or that an oboe could sound that amazing. If I could find a sample to play for you I would, but if you want to hear it yourself, you'll have to buy a CD I think. Sorry, this was just a teaser. 

1 comment:

Debi Lassen said...

Thanks a lot! Love the oboe sound. Speaking of musical instruments...Hans decided Saturday, after testing out several instruments at Band Registration, that he would give the Trombone a try. We bought a "nicely" used one (lots of little dings and dents) yesterday for really cheap...$100...from a lady here in town. He went to his first band lesson this morning, carrying his big trombone case. After school, when I went to pick him up, he was surrounded by a bunch of kids all wanting to see his trombone and when he blasted it for Wyatt, he and Atalie just laughed and laughed at the sound it made.
We thought you would be proud :-}