Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Alec Eiffel

Friday around lunchtime, I get a call from Emily that my dad is trying to get ahold of me. A few minutes later, my dad calls. His produce guy at the Camarillo store has left suddenly for medical reasons and my dad needs a replacement. I ask him how soon he needs me. He answers, "Yesterday." So I call Emily and we decide how fast we can get to Camarillo, moved out of our Provo apartment. Tuesday? But the Ventura Stake's Beecroft Run 5k (named after my grandpa) is on Monday, so is the Beach and Barbecue with all the family. So I sadly leave work, giving my boss 3 hours notice -Thanks Shane- and we start packing. We got to see most of our friends before we left. Some of them helped us move our stuff into a storage unit. Within 24 hours of starting, our apartment was empty and we're just cleaning it before we leave. We had dinner with Trine, Larry, Deleah, and Anthony at Joe Bandito's for one last hurrah, met Jake and Shevaun at Yoasis, ran a few errands and drove to the Robbins's to spend the night. Next morning we repack Elvira (our 1986 white Camry), temporarily renamed "Sherpa" for the weekend, and we're on our way. 11 1/2 hours later, we're in Camarillo greeting friends and family.

For the run, I came in 4th in the 19-29 yr-old mens category at about 25 min. Then Em and I rode our bikes the 12 miles to Faria Beach, where we got lots of sun, sand, and surf. I finally got to try out the paddleboard in the ocean. Caught a few waves. I regretted not having a leash as I chased the board in several times. Also caught several on bro-in-law's giant green board. It was great. Now, I'm really sore and stiff, and fairly sunburned on the shoulders. It was a great day.

To anyone in Provo, we'll miss you! We had a lot of fun the past several months. Now we're in the 'Rillo enjoying friends and family until the end of June.

1 comment:

Debi Lassen said...

Thanks for coming Christian, Em and Gracie...we love having you here with us before you embark into 3 years of Dental School and beyond!
Love you!
mom lassen