Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mr. Grieves

This is just going to be a brief one.

I'm terribly disappointed in the American people for choosing John McCain over Romney. What on earth is appealing about this guy? I admit, reading the summary of his platform he sounds pretty decent. Except that underlying all of it is just a dumb guy with smart people working for him. He will not fix the foreign relations problems that we have right now, I think he'll only make them worse. He is just a "tough" guy who loses his temper easily and will only cause lots of problems. Despite his good intentions stated in his platform, I think he is too corrupt and conniving to do what's best for the country (just watch, he'll turn his back on Huckabee before this is all over, once he's done using him). I think he'll only do what's best for himself and his friends. (Note, these are some of the big criticisms of the Bush campaign, why elect someone who is going to perpetuate these and make them worse). Bottom line: I don't think he thinks very much except for how to serve himself.

Now, to be fair, there's definitely some of that in all of us, but the President of the United States is supposed to at least be better at hiding it.

I think much the same of Hillary Clinton.

But as for Barack Obama: here's a guy who I disagree with on many things, but I agree with on many things too. I like his stands on education, foreign policy, economics, health care, and most of the stuff on this page. His liberality concerning gay rights, I do disagree on, for moral and religious reasons. But he's smart, and he seems to think about what's best for the country. I'd trust him. (A good friend of mine says if a democrat makes it into office, he hopes it's Obama, because he'd be the least effective. This may be true, but also the damage control would be minor compared to someone like Hillary or McCain being in office).

I'm still praying and holding out for a good-sized miracle securing the bid for Romney. Keep the faith alive that something better will happen. But, as a plan B, pray and hope for Obama, not Hillary, to win the election. If it's McCain vs. Hillary, I think we're all in trouble. As my coworkers say, it's a contest between a douche-bag and a crap sandwich.

In the end, I guess it's good that the president is only in for 8 yrs max and has to contend with Congress anyways. Hopefully, one person can't bring the country to ruins. It was made that way on purpose.

3 comments:

Ditte said...

OH, what a sad day it will be if it comes down to Hillary and McCain. Maybe since he's "so old" like many people say, he'll keel over and die due to his hot temper and Mitt will come back in! Wouldn't that be great!

Jared Autrey said...

I agree, old friend... John McCain is secretly that old host from Unsolved Mysteries. Hillary Clinton is secretly a man, and Ron Paul is secretly Magneto from X-Men. I miss my homeboy Mitt, so we're just going to have to hope for the next best... whoever the crap that might be.

Debi Lassen said...

I'm hoping for a miracle, too, Christian! Maybe McCain will do something to really upset the republican delegates and he'll lose the nomination. Could happen!
Keep the faith....
mom