Saturday, October 20, 2007

Levitate Me

Right now we're waiting in our apartment to be interviewed. Emily was so nervous just waiting, she had to go deliver her flyers for her Layers Party she's throwing next week.

A few months ago, we got a notice about a scholarship that the Anasazi foundation was giving out to persons who've "Walked Forward" since participating in their program. So we talked it over, I wrote up a nomination, and we sent it in. Two weeks ago we found out that Emily was going to be awarded one of the four $1000 scholarships (which will gladly go towards her nursing program). She will be honored at a large fancy banquet dinner in Phoenix early next month and one of the 5 nominated persons will win a $2000 scholarship and the other 4 will receive their $1000 scholarships. They are taping interviews with each nominee and the video will be shown at the dinner. Some representatives from Anasazi are on their way over to tape us right now.

I wish I could make it to the dinner. I will be in Las Vegas the day before for a Dental School interview, and leaving for Philadelphia the day after the dinner. We can't figure out how to justify missing even more school and the money to drive and fly even more. Emily will be flying down for the dinner where her parents will meet her, and then drive to California with them while I'm in Philadelphia. I'm so torn that I can't go.

Emily is even getting to spend a day out on the trail on Wednesday. She asked if she could go back out just for a day, and Anasazi said that'd be no problem. Hopefully, someone will be able to watch Grace that day, and during the dinner. We're going to call some family members in the area and try to arrange this.

I'm so excited for Emily. She deserves this.

(We're just nervous about what to say in front of the camera :-)

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Wow, I just read about the scholarship on your link. This is so neat! Marie Osmond? Steve Young? Wow! Congratulations, Emily! This is great news!

Ditte said...

Christian, That is sooo awesome! I'm glad I found your blog on Cristin's page! We sure miss you guys down here! LOve you. Tell Emily we are so excited for her!