Monday, January 25, 2010

Check these guns out, I think they're broken

So, I'm just gonna type for a while and see if it helps my forearms out or until the number of typos I make drives me crazy. For some reason, they've been killing me for the past weekend. No exercise, no strain, no trauma, just killer sore muscles and no grip strength. I can't even squeeze shampoo out of the bottle. I tried to open the plastic flip-up lid of sanitex wipes down in the clinic this morning and it took both hands. Typing is awkwardly dumb. What's really weird is that I feel slightly out of breath when I do try to use it. I can use my arms just fine, but fingers and grip are deadzorz. Not even numb or tingly, just weak and sore-muscle-y. I tried looking up possible causes on the internets and all i could find are serious things like cancer and auto-immune diseases that affect, like, 1 in 5 bajillion people or something. I told one of the oral surgeons about it and he tells me, "If you hear hooves, you think of horses not zebras." True that, Dr. Sachs, true that. I probably just slept on it funny. Both arms....is that like hearing stripes coming at me?

Update: My arms are now feeling fine, but it took about 6 days to go back to full normal-ness. Best theory: must've done something in my sleep (dreaming) and stressed 'em out like crazy.

2 comments:

Else said...

That's so weird. I hurt both my forearms once but that was after holding on for dear life in an innertube behind a crazy boat drive.

Debi Lassen said...

I can't imagine what that is, Christian. I am glad they are feeling better. Love you!