Friday, June 27, 2008

The Sad Punk


Alert! If anyone sees a 1986 white Toyota Camry with a large quiksilver logo sticker on the back windshieldl, call the Lassen Home and/or the police ASAP. "Elvira" was stolen from in front of my parents house yesterday between 12:00 and 2:00pm in the middle of the day. All the doors were locked and there's no broken glass on the ground.

This is really weird for several reasons:
Broad daylight
No smashed windows even though all doors were locked
No gas in the car
Nothing of worth in the car
The car isn't worth much itself
In front of a busy and active household with lots of comings and goings
It's an easily recognizable car

The best I can figure is that someone really wanted the car, knew how to take it, and was probably watching the four of us as we left to go pickup some furniture during my lunch break. The only thing I can think of they'd want it for is it's fuel efficiency, a few parts, or the utterly cool sticker on the back windshield.

The police have been informed and the local neighborhoods and parking lots have been searched. So now I guess my bike is my sole and only source of transpo, and in S.F. we might be using public transit a bit more. My parents have offered to let Em and I borrow a car for the semi-long term, but I still just wish we had our own car. It's like losing a member of the family.

I feel like holding a meeting like in PeeWee's Big Adventure for his lost bike. "Exhibit double Q: A picture of me...WITHOUT MY BIKE!!!!" (I mean car. Car. Ahem)

1 comment:

Debi Lassen said...

I'm so, so sorry this happened to you, Christian and Em! It's so wierd! I could never imagine it right under our noses.
We are still praying for it's return...Hans prays for you in every single prayer of his :-} (faith of a child...we all need it!)
Love, mom lassen